Sunday 25 September 2011

David Ford - I Don't Care What You Call Me - Inspiration

Summary
This 5 minute music video is filmed in one shot and shows singer, David Ford, singing about his relationship problems to a woman (his girlfriend) in a carpark, who throws a glass of water in his face, slaps him and walks off. Another woman aproaches and does the same. The camera pans out to show a huge line of people queuing. He then walks off slowly into the distance.

Why it relates to The Lost Ones
This film is obviously a music video and not a short movie, however I think some of the artistic devises and storylines in this project are transferable to what we hope to achieve with The Lost Ones. The video shows a very distinct and emotional relationship between two individuals, a trait obviously used in our concept.

What I Like
I'm very fond of a lot of the stylistic elements in this music video. I really love the use of shadow and how a dark and bleak atmosphere is created using very few resources, (hopefully we can use different shadow effects in our work to create contrasting atmospheres.) I also think the acting in this video is very powerful, how very volatile emotions can come across with very little actual dialogue. I also really like the use of just one shot. I think this is a very powerful effect, and shows how life can pause and the world can feel to fold in on one little moment. However, we will not be using this technique in our film, as we want to demonstrate our editing skills :D

No comments:

Post a Comment